New program results in highest number of team member volunteer hours
ORLANDO, FLA. (Feb. 13, 2019) – Orange Lake Resorts, home to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations® brand, today announces that in 2018 its team members contributed a total of $1.4 million to local and nationally recognized charities, and volunteered 3,353 hours of community service, both records for the company. The increase in community service hours comes from the company’s successful launch of its Volunteer Time Off (VTO) program, which allows team members to volunteer at any company-sponsored charities during work hours.
“Giving back to the community has become a fundamental part of the culture of Holiday Inn Club Vacations,” said Tom Nelson, President and CEO of Orange Lake Resorts. “The excitement and popularity of our VTO program is a testament to the generosity of our team members. I am incredibly proud of all the great community efforts done in 2018, and cannot wait to see what 2019 has in store for us.”
The team members’ community service hours equate to nearly $83,000 of in-kind support. Additionally, more than $1.3 million in cash was provided by the company, its vendor partners, team members and guests through fundraising and corporate donations. The organizations supported by the VTO service hours and monetary donations include Give Kids The World, Easter Seals, Christel House International, Special Olympics, A Gift For Teaching, Clean the World and Second Harvest.
In 2018, Holiday Inn Club Vacations utilized large-scale events and out-of-the-box efforts to help increase its support and monetary donations to various organizations. Some highlights from the year include:
- Participated in the Over The Edge fundraiser to support Give Kids The World by sending two team members to rappel from the 28th floor of an iconic Orlando hotel
- Generated 12,719 pounds of donated food, which equates to 87,052 meals, through a food drive for Second Harvest
- Designed new spaces for Give Kids The World Village’s hospitality suites, with the help of 33 vendors and the Florida-produced TV program “Ready, Set, Renovate” to chronicle the project
- Hosted the 16th RCI® Christel House Open at The Legends Golf Course, located at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort, which raised a record $260,000 for Christel House International
- Collected 7,299 toys, 72 pounds of food and 555 pieces of clothing during a company-wide holiday drive that benefitted various local organizations
- Presented the Give Kids The World Hope In One Celebrity Golf Classic, where a record $305,000 was raised
About Orange Lake Resorts
Orange Lake Resorts encompasses 27 resorts and 7,500 villas in the U.S., with more than 340,000 timeshare owners and 5,000+ employees.
Orange Lake Resorts, a leader within the vacation ownership industry with more than three decades of proven success, operates the Holiday Inn Club®. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations® brand was created in 2008 through a strategic alliance with IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the world’s leading hotel companies. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations flagship property in Orlando, Fla., located next to the Walt Disney World® Resort, was established in 1982 by Holiday Inn® founder Kemmons Wilson. The timeshare brand includes 27 resorts across 13 states. For more information on Holiday Inn Club Vacations or to book reservations, visit hiclubvacations.com. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/hiclubvacations or Twitter at twitter.com/hiclubvacations.
Orange Lake Resorts