Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts – the leader in all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, is reorganizing its 24-hotel portfolio, reclassifying properties into four categories and segmented experiences. The new categories and segments will ultimately simplify the process for consumers to identify which hotel will best fulfill their vacation goals and allow them to experience happiness.
The four hotel categories include Luxury Bahia Principe, including the brand’s most luxurious hotels; Grand Bahia Principe, featuring five-star hotels; Sunlight Bahia Principe, for all Spain-based properties; and Fantasia Bahia Principe, a family-friendly concept that offers thematic hotels, inspired by the success of the brand’s newest property in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The brand will debut Fantasia Bahia Principe Tenerife, its second Fantasia property, on November 2018 in Spain.
“The Fantasia Bahia Principe hotels will deliver the highest standards in quality and service, but, above all, will guarantee a thematic experience in which everyone can enjoy our first-class amenities and exciting activities, regardless of age,” said Isabel Pinero, Vice-President of Marketing & Communications for Grupo Piñero, the parent company of Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.
In addition to the new categories, hotels will also be segmented by experience, including:
- Treasure: hotels in unique and off-the-beaten path locations
- Escape: adults-only properties
- Family & Friends: for those that seek a wholesome experience for travelers with varying age groups and vacation preferences
Updated hotel list by category
Luxury Bahia Principe (10)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado (Dominican Republic)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Samaná (Dominican Republic)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Fantasia* (Dominican Republic)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Blue (Dominican Republic)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green (Dominican Republic)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Bougaville (Dominican Republic)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Esmeralda (Dominican Republic)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Runaway Bay (Jamaica)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal (Mexico)
- Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka’an (Mexico)
Grand Bahia Principe (10)
- Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa (Dominican Republic)
- Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo (Dominican Republic)
- Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana (Dominican Republic)
- Grand Bahia Principe La Romana (Dominican Republic)
- Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa (Dominican Republic)
- Grand Bahia Principe Bávaro (Dominican Republic)
- Grand Bahia Principe San Juan (Dominican Republic)
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba (Mexico)
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum (Mexico)
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica (Jamaica)
Sunlight Bahia Principe (4)
- Sunlight Bahia Principe Costa Adeje (Spain)
- Sunlight Bahia Principe Tenerife (Spain)
- Sunlight Bahia Principe San Felipe (Spain)
- Sunlight Bahia Principe Coral Playa (Spain)
Fantasia Bahia Principe (1)
- Fantasia Bahia Principe Tenerife ** (Spain)
*- Fantasia Bahia Principe Punta Cana, new name starting November 2018.
**Opening scheduled for November 2018
About Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts
Grupo Piñero’s Bahia Principe hotel chain has a presence in the Dominican Republic, where it is the market leader in terms of the number of hotel beds, as well as the Riviera Maya (Mexico), Jamaica and Spain (in the Canaries and Balearic Islands). Year after year, the Bahia Principe hotels receive a large part of the most prestigious international awards for quality that are given in the vacation industry. Alongside its high-end hotel facilities, the Piñero family’s company also manages two large luxury home resorts: Playa Nueva Romana Residences & Golf (Dominican Republic) and Bahia Principe Rivera Maya Residences & Golf (Mexico). The company has also developed other lines of business in the tourism industry, the most notable of which include the tour operator business (Soltour and BP-USA Travel) and guest reception services (Coming2).
About Grupo Piñero
Grupo Piñero is a family-owned Spanish tourism group with a presence throughout the entire value chain in the vacation industry. It holds the top rankings in international leadership within the sun and beach travel segment, basing its value offerings on three main foundations: its ability to inspire trust, its service which pursues excellence, warmth and attention to detail, and unique quality for price in its different segments of activity. Grupo Piñero manages 8 million tourist stays per year for customers from more than 30 countries. In 2016, and its revenue increased by 9.2%.
Grupo Piñero has four business units: the hotel division, with 27 establishments and 13,629 rooms in the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Jamaica and Spain; the tour operating unit, through its brand Soltour; the tourist receptive and other at-destination services unit, which provides more than 30 different services to guests (transfers, entertainment activities, etc.), and the residence and golf unit, which runs 6 luxury resorts and 4 golf courses.
As part of the implementation of its CSR strategy, Grupo Piñero is committed to being a healthy, sustainable company that is sensitive to the well-being of its employees, while also making a positive economic, social and environmental contribution to the locations where it does business.