It is no longer news that videos are the ultimate marketing medium. In the digital world, we live in today, every business owner should consider incorporating videos into their marketing efforts.
Do you know that over 1 billion hours of video content are watched online every day from YouTube alone? Do you also know that over 87% of business owners and online marketers are using videos to promote their businesses online?
Yet, with this overwhelming statistic, a lot of hotels and resorts industry are yet to tap into the potentials that videos have to offer.
A recent survey conducted in New England revealed that 77% of first-class resorts and hotels in New England are not using videos.
So how do you tap into this powerful GOLDMINE of video marketing to generate good ROI, and enhance the visibility of your resort?
How do you make perfect promotional videos for your resort/hotel and create great awareness for your offers and promotions?
Creating promotional videos for your hotel or resort can be a LIFE-SAVER for your business if you do it the right way.
Let us take a look at some compelling reasons why you need to start creating promotional videos for your hotel/resort.
Why Are Promotional Videos Important For Your Hotel/Resort?
- Creating promotional videos for your hotel and resort boosts the online visibility of your resort and generates organic traffic to your website.
- A large percentage of your prospective customers and target audience are online searching for information on hotels and resorts. Videos would be a great way to reach out to them.
- Your resort videos could go viral, and this would bring huge profits for your business.
- Videos are a great way to give more visual awareness as well as a human voice to your hotel/resort.
- Creating good promotional videos can raise the profile of your resort in the industry, thereby boosting your sales and bottom line.
These are just a few out of the numerous reasons why you need to start incorporating promotional videos into marketing efforts for your resort. Let us now look at the kind of videos you should be creating for your resort.
Types Of Promotional Videos You Should Be Creating For Your Resort
- Virtual Reality Tour/Walkthrough Videos: These are promotional videos that give your prospective customers the opportunity to see every angle, nook, and cranny of your resort or hotel as if they were there live. Virtual reality videos are made with special cameras known as omnidirectional cameras. They give your potential clients a more immersive look at your resort.
- Guest-produced videos: Producing videos with your guests in the resort is a great way to give other prospective clients the real picture. A lot of people love to watch the real situation of things and the experience of your previous customers. So producing review videos with your previous customers is a great way to promote your resort.
- Resort-Produced Videos: You can produce short video clips for your resort. You can produce videos to promote special offers for your resort, good restaurants around your resort neighborhood, etc.
If you are looking for ways to create perfect, compelling and captivating promotional videos for your resort/hotel, here are 8 ideas you should consider.
- Go for Quality
The importance of having a professional and quality video cannot be over-emphasized, make sure the picture quality is top-notch. Let your audience have a feel of your resort. Get professionals to work on your videos for you. This might cost you a little, but it will be worth the effort in the long run.
- Have A Strong, Captivating Introduction
Your video introduction needs to grab the attention of viewers immediately. The attention span of the average person is less than 10 seconds, so you need a compelling introduction so you can get the attention of your viewers immediately.
- Set Yourself Apart
Your resort is unique and different from others in a special way, ensure that this reflects in your video. Let your viewers know what makes your hotel different and special when compared with others. Make sure that the unique features of your resort are properly highlighted, and then lay more emphasis on your selling points.
- Source The Right Music
Good, quality music is critical to having a great promotional video. Depending on your budget, you can hire a music producer in your locality to create good music for your video. You can also check for royalty-free music that is good if you are mindful of your budget.
- Tell a story
Storytelling plays an enormous role in video marketing. Aside from the fact that it adds a human dimension to your videos, it also creates consumer trust for your brand.
- Add Value
If you want your videos to be liked and shared on various platforms, you need to offer additional value for your videos; you need to give information that people are looking for.
For instance, you can give travel/vacation advice in your videos; you can give information on notable places, beaches, restaurants and tourist sites where people can have a good time. If your videos have all this good information, your viewers will want to share it with their friends and colleagues.
- Optimize Your Resort Videos
Don’t forget to add relevant titles, tags, and descriptions so that people can find your videos easily with your chosen keywords. You can also carry out keyword research to know the top keywords in your industry that people are searching for, and then use those keywords to optimize your videos.
- Promote Your Videos
Share your videos on major social media and video sites like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, as well as your blog and website. Make sure your video is sharable. Here are some other ways you can promote your videos.
- Share your videos on Tubemogul. Just create a free account and upload your videos.
- Social bookmark sites like Stumbleupon and Delicious are great sites to place your videos.
- Search for travel and tour sites, vacation sites or blogs and partner with them.
- Google Maps is also a great tool you can use to embed your videos
There is no doubt that creating promotional videos for your resort is a powerful marketing tool; it will get you in front of your ideal audience much faster.
Plus, the videos are a great way to generate leads and organic traffic to your website, which will ultimately lead to increased sales and good ROI for your business.
You’ll also gain more credibility and trust for your brand because people are able to have a visual feel of your resort and all the facilities before they make their bookings.
If you are yet to leverage the amazing power of videos for your resort and hotel, you should consider a large number of prospective clients and income you are currently missing. Follow the guidelines stated above and start seeing positive changes in your bottom line.
Frank Hamilton has been working as a translator at translation service TheWordPoint. He is a professional writing expert in such topics as blogging, digital marketing and self-education. He also loves traveling and speaks Spanish, French, German and English.