With New Year’s celebrations just around the corner, travelers are searching for a festive, last-minute destination with the most to offer this holiday vacation season. Acapulco, an iconic warm weather paradise with endless appeal for even the most discerning tourist, has everything one can dream of for the perfect winter holiday vacation. The city’s exciting nightlife, cultural traditions and broad range of events and attractions along with special hotel discounts provide visitors unbeatable fun in the sun and the promise of renewed vigor for 2018.
“When people think of escaping the winter cold, Acapulco is a top choice for many seeking fun in the sun,” said Pedro Haces, president of the Acapulco Destination Marketing Office. “Acapulco really comes to life during the holidays, making it the best time of the year for travelers to visit. Last year, the destination reported one of the destination’s most successful winter seasons in the last eight years with an average hotel occupancy of 95 percent. This year we hope to surpass that.”
Additionally, Acapulco has recently announced non-stop travel options such as Air Transat’s from Toronto to Acapulco every Tuesday starting in December and Volaris’ weekly direct flight from Los Angeles to Acapulco starting December 19th. These new routes allow for a more convenient access to the world’s premier beach resort this holiday season.
Below are some options for enjoying the best possible year-end festivities in a destination that has captivated celebrities like Salma Hayek, Elizabeth Taylor, Jennifer Lopez and many more.
Events in Acapulco in December:
- Diciembre Tropico: The fifth anniversary edition of this fabulous event, on December 8th through 10th, brings music and entertainment from across the globe, like Polo & Pan, Ondatropica and more, with special hotel package prices at the Hotel Princess Mundo Imperial and Resort Mundo Imperial.
- Mega Fiesta Imperial Acapulco 2018: One of Acapulco’s most popular series of events to celebrate the New Year is the Mega Feria Imperial which will take place on December 23rd through January 7th and will feature: concerts, carnival games, children entertainment shows, a bounce house, music, food and much more.
- New Year’s Party at Hotel Princess Mundo Imperial: One of Acapluco’s most delightful ways to ring in the New Year, this annual event features music, dancing and other first-class entertainment.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks: The season’s top attraction is a sensational New Year’s fireworks extravaganza that accentuates the port’s majestic beauty. Watch the sky light up in multiple colors from the comfort of your hotel room or one of this resort city’s glorious main beaches.
- Christmas Day Giant-balloon Parade: A fabulous, grand parade on Christmas Day, featuring huge balloons with well-beloved TV and cartoon characters that will thrill children. Characters such as Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Bob the Builder and the Christmas elves are some examples of colorful balloons bobbing along the spectacular Acapulco waterfront.
Year-Round Attractions Especially Fun for the Winter Season:
- Beaches: Acapulco’s more than 17 beaches, which extend from Barra Vieja to Pie de la Cuesta, are this port’s main attraction. Some of the most popular are Hornos, Condesa, Caleta, and Caletilla, all of which are ideal areas for practicing water sports or relaxing on the beach and enjoying a magical sunset.
- La Quebrada: Home to Acapulco’s world-famous cliff divers, a truly amazing show for the whole family to enjoy. Some of the most iconic movies about Acapulco, including the Elvis film Fun in Acapulco.
- XTASEA: The world’s largest, over-the-ocean zip line is over a mile long and reaches speeds of up to 75 mph at an altitude of 328 feet, thrilling fun for the whole family with spectacular views of the surrounding waterfront.
Hotel Packages and Highlights for the Winter Season:
- Las Brisas: Winter loving starts with the “Romantic Experiences” packages at Las Brisas, which includes a Casita with a private pool, Brisas Breakfast which includes coffee, selection of bread and fruit of the season, sparkling wine with strawberry dish and rose petal decoration upon arrival and two aromatic 50-minutes massages. The packages are for a minimum stay of two nights, and do not apply in high season, bridges or holidays and is valid until December 20th, 2017.
- Encanto: This glamorous modern hotel with striking architecture offers a spa, pool and special amenities throughout the property, with spectacular ocean views. Special rates starting at $313 USD/night are available for stays throughout the winter holiday season.
- Banyan Tree: A Sense of Celebration, running now through December 31st at the Banyan Tree offers two different packages for the winter season. The “Christmas Celebration” package starts from USD $629 per villa per night based on double occupancy and the “New Year’s Eve Gala Celebration” package starts from USD $875 per villa per night based on double occupancy. These include a daily breakfast buffet for two at La Nao Restaurant, a Christmas Eve dinner buffet / five-course New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner for two and a themed brunch on December 25th and January 1st.
For more information on Acapulco, visit www.visitacapulco.travel.
Mexico’s original beach destination, Acapulco is located in the state of Guerrero, Mexico, on the Pacific Coast. Situated on a deep bay with sunshine, balmy temperatures and warm seas year-round, its golden beaches are ideal for relaxing, swimming and enjoying an array of water sports, while the city itself offers history, culture and legendary glamour. The landmark Fort of San Diego dates to the colonial era, and the fully restored, star-shaped fortress, is home to the acclaimed Acapulco Historic Museum. La Quebrada is the place to watch Acapulco’s world-famous cliff divers, whose daring feats are as popular – and thrilling – today as they were 82 years ago. Acapulco has a dynamic dining scene, whose innovative chefs combine Mexican culinary traditions with global inspiration when preparing the finest Pacific seafood complemented with fresh and local ingredients. All of this and more make Acapulco the must-visit beach destination in Mexico.