Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services, and its participating Caribbean member resorts have continued their support of the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Education Foundation (CHTAEF) with a recent $30,000 donation. Neil Kolton, Interval’s director of resort sales and service for the Caribbean and Florida, presented a check to foundation executives at the Caribbean Marketplace Conference in Paradise Island, Bahamas.
“We are truly grateful for the tremendous support that we have received from Interval and its resort affiliates. They have played a vital role in funding higher education for Caribbean nationals for more than a decade,” noted Richard Kahn, CHTAEF’s chairman. “As a non-profit organization, we would not be able to award scholarships and continue our mission without their donations.”
“The generosity of our resort partners has helped many scholarship recipients become skilled professionals and contribute to their local economies,” said Kolton. “Their long-term commitment to this cause has also raised awareness about the importance of education to those pursuing careers in hospitality.”
“We applaud the Caribbean vacation ownership segment, which under Interval’s direction has been a leader in providing financial support to the educational endeavors of tourism students in our region,” added Karolin Troubetzkoy, president of the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association.
Participating member resorts who donated to the foundation include:
• Antigua – Tranquility Bay Antigua
• Aruba – Caribbean Palm Village Resort, Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, La Cabana Beach Resort and Casino, La Quinta Beach Resort, Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club, Paradise Beach Villas, and Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
• Bahamas – Harborside at Atlantis
• Bermuda – The St. George’s Club
• Cayman Islands – Morritt’s Tortuga Club and Seven Mile Beach Resort
• Curacao – The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort
• Mexican Caribbean – Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort
• Puerto Rico – Aquarius Vacation Club® at Boquerón Beach, Aquarius Vacation Club® at Dorado del Mar, ESJ Towers, and Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar
• St. Lucia – Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa
• St. Maarten – Oyster Bay Beach Resort, The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, and The Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa
• Turks and Caicos – The Alexandra Resort and Spa
The CHTAEF was established in 1987 as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization through which scholarships and special assistance are made available for the education of Caribbean hotel industry personnel and students pursuing careers in tourism. As part of its mission, it provides people throughout the region with an awareness of the industry’s varied career opportunities, as well as technical and professional development. To date, the foundation has awarded more than US$2 million in scholarships and grants to applicants who demonstrate a strong commitment to the hotel and tourism industry.
CHTAEF is accepting applications for its scholarship program until Wednesday, March 30 at 5 pm Eastern Caribbean Time. Applications are available in English and Spanish at http://caribbeanhotelandtourism.com/CHTAEFapplication.php or by contacting the local hotel association in the applicant’s country. Applications must be submitted with the approval of the applicant’s local hotel association in order to be considered.
About Interval International
Interval International operates membership programs for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market since 1976. Today, Interval’s exchange network comprises more than 2,900 resorts in over 80 nations. Through offices in 16 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and approximately 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs. Interval is an operating business of Interval Leisure Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IILG), a leading global provider of non-traditional lodging, encompassing a portfolio of leisure businesses from exchange and vacation rental to vacation ownership.