Interval International, a leading global provider of vacation services, and participating resort partners donated $30,000 to the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Education Foundation (CHTAEF). Neil Kolton, Interval’s director of resort sales and service for the Caribbean and Florida, presented the donation to foundation executives at the annual Caribbean Travel Marketplace held recently in The Bahamas. Over the past 12 years, donations raised through the collaborative efforts of Interval and its participating member resorts have totaled $430,000.
“CHTAEF has awarded nearly $2.1 million in scholarships and grants to date for the higher education of Caribbean nationals,” said Karolin Troubetozkoy, president of the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association. “This tremendous accomplishment would not have been possible without the long-standing dedication of sponsors such as Interval International and its resort affiliates.”
“We continue to support the CHTAEF because we believe that education empowers individuals to grow and succeed,” Kolton added. “After completing their studies, many scholarship recipients return to their home countries in the Caribbean and give back to their communities in various hospitality roles.”
The following member resorts participated in this year’s initiative to support the foundation:
- Antigua – Tranquility Bay Antigua
- Aruba – Caribbean Palm Village Resort, Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, La Cabana Beach Resort and Casino, La Quinta Beach Resort, Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club, Paradise Beach Villas, Playa Linda Beach Resort, Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, and Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
- Bahamas – Harborside at Atlantis
- Barbados – Ocean Two Resort & Residences
- Bermuda – The St. George’s Club
- Cayman Islands – Morritt’s Tortuga Club and Seven Mile Beach Resort
- Curacao – The Royal Sea Aquarium Resor
- Puerto Rico – Aquarius Vacation Club® at Boquerón Beach, Aquarius Vacation Club® at Dorado del Mar, ESJ Towers, and Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar
- St. John, U.S.V.I. – Grande Bay Resort & Residence Club
- Kitts – Marriott’s St. Kitt’s Beach Club
- Lucia – Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa
- Maarten – Oyster Bay Beach Resort, The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, and The Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa
- Turks and Caicos – The Alexandra Resort and Spa
- St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. – Bluebeard’s Castle Resort
- Mexican Caribbean – Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort
The CHTAEF was established in 1987 as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization through which scholarships and special assistance are made available for the education of Caribbean hotel industry personnel and students pursuing careers in tourism. As part of its mission, it provides people throughout the region with an awareness of the industry’s varied career opportunities, as well as technical and professional development.
About Interval International
Interval International operates membership programs for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market since 1976. Today, Interval’s exchange network comprises more than 3,000 resorts in over 80 nations. Through offices in 15 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and approximately 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs. Interval is an operating business of ILG (Nasdaq: ILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences.